The owner of a popular Indian restaurant has been ordered to pay more than £9,000 after workers being exposed to hazardous asbestos during a major overhaul.

Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court heard while work was being carried out at the restaurant, asbestos insulation board was removed and broken up which resulted in construction workers being exposed to the asbestos fibres.

An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) determined that the work had not been completed by a licensed asbestos contractor, a breach of health and safety regulations.

Braintree and Witham Times, 16th July 2019

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.

Menu