So, you’ve had your fire risk assessment on the building that you are responsible for and it has come back with a few recommendations that would enable the property to stay compliant with the current legislation, Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 or “the Fire Safety Order”.
Responsibilities of the duty holder following the Fire Risk Assessment include:
- Consider who may be especially at risk
- Eliminate or reduce the risk of fire as far as is reasonably practical
- Provide general fire precautions to deal with any risk
- Take additional measures to ensure fire safety where flammable or explosive materials are used or stored
- Create a plan to deal with any emergency and where necessary record any findings
- Maintain general fire precautions, and facilities provided for use by firefighters
- Keep any findings of the risk assessment under review
Asium can assist with all your requirements from the management and arrangement of system installations, to the replacement of non-compliant fire extinguishers and ensuring you have the correct signage in the correct positions.
The risk from exposure to legionella bacteria should normally be controlled by measures which do not allow the growth of the bacteria in the system and which reduce exposure to water droplets and aerosols.
Recommendations from your risk assessment should, where appropriate, include the following:
- Avoid water temperatures between 20 °C and 45 °C that create favourable conditions for the growth of legionella bacteria and other microorganisms
- Avoid water stagnation which may encourage the growth of biofilm
- Avoid the use of materials that harbor bacteria and other microorganisms, or provide nutrients for microbial growth
- Control the release of water spray
- Maintain the cleanliness of the system and the water in it
- Use water treatment techniques
- Take action to ensure you are compliant to Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
If your Legionella Risk Assessment has come back and it states that the cold water tanks need cleaning or your boiler does not produce the water at the correct temperature to prevent bacteria forming, give us a call at Asium to talk through the options available to bring your water system up to scratch and provide yourself and your colleagues with a healthy working environment and complete peace of mind.
Project Management – Bespoke to your needs
- We work for you– representation of our client during initial consultations with contractors to discuss the different options available
- Manage the tender – ensure cost effectiveness and quality of work are the prime objectives of the selected contractor through competitive tendering
- Plan of work – review the risk assessments and method statements of the related projects to ensure compliance to the standards set out by the Health & Safety Executive
- Manage the site – we shall ensure that safety cordons are in place to prevent unauthorised entry to the sites. Permits to work shall be arranged when required and the site is signed off to enable safe re-occupation of the building following any remedial works
- Project overview- as the client you shall receive all therelevant paperwork indicating that the works have taken place to the highest standard supplemented by an Asium Job Report